Football Roundup 10/1/09 – News and Notes Around College and NFL
FOOTBALL ROUNDUP – 10/1/09
What a whackey week in football last week. Lets get down to it.
– I warned you about Mississippi. They are not that good. South Carolina should have beat them by 100. If the old ball coach could generate some offense, they would be dangerous.
– Pittsburgh can find a way to lose to anyone. Cincinnati is rolling. Can they play with the big boys? I think they can.
-Is South Florida back, or did they just play a weak opponent?
– Iowa dominated Penn St to take over Big 10. I think they can beat Ohio St as of right now. But that doesn’t matter. One game at a time. Michigan has played a weak schedule, but it’s hard to criticize 3-0.
– Joe Pa hasn’t beat anyone all year and Bobby Bowden is tanking again. The meaningless race continues.
– I normally don’t enjoy games like Texas Tech and Houston, but watching a team start to come into it’s own was pretty exciting. They won’t compete with the big boys, but any given game they could surprise someone.
– Someone might want to tell the Purdue head coach he should use his timeouts to help his own team instead of helping his opponents. oh well, Notre Dame owes him one.
– Polls are meaningless. Why do people look at them? They make no sense whatsoever. Just play the games.
– How bad a coach was Greg Robinson at Syracuse? Marroney has them playing competitive ball his 1sy year with a QB who hadn’t played in 3 yrs. 2 wins and a tough loss to a good Miinnesota team. Last year, they couldn’t get a snap off half the time.
– Jim Zorn and Jason Campbell are quite the combo. I could get 10 of my middle aged and out of shape friends, and we could shut out Washington. Detroit beating them was not an upset. They are clearly a better team.
– It was hard to watch Dallas and Carolina monday night. They both suck. Deep middle was open for both teams but they chose not to take it. And what is going on when the Cowboys have 2nd and goal at the 1 and throw 2 terrible passes forcing a FG. Huh???
– Why do people always look ahead. The Jets are playing great ball, but everyone wants to look ahead. You go game by game. They are very talented, and when they get their running game going, they will be that much better. Haven’t we learned anything can happen in the NFL?
– I hate to tell you, but Denver is getting better every game. That’s a good sign. Stranger things have happened.
– Why did the Steelers go into a prevent defense with 6 minutes to go against Cincinnati? The last coach on earth i would 2nd guess is Dick Lebeau, but they weren’t even covering guys running 13 yd patterns. They made it easy for cincy to come back.
– The Cardinals are unbelievable. They were a fluke. I’ve never seen a team that lacks the fundamentals of football as badly as they do. It’s over.
– Miami is seeing that last year was magical, but it was last year. They make things too complicated. A little wildcat is ok, but let’s not go insane.
– Is Eric Mangini the worst head coach ever? I know he doesn’t have alot of talent, but his teams sleepwalk through games and appear to have no relationship with him. SHOW SOME EMOTION!!!!!!!! IT’S FOOTBALL.
– Please explain how a Vikings receiver can get behind the 49ers coverage in the endzone with 10 seconds left in the game? That is nearly impossible. I know the lack of pass rush doesn’t help, but you know that is going to be the case in that situation. You couldn’ make a bigger mistake on defense. From 3-0 to 2-1. Those losses can kill a team. We’ll see how they respond.
– How did Jim Mora Jr. get a job coaching again? It was nice of him to give the Bears a win on sunday. i guess it’s a name thing. he certainly isn’t there based on merit.
– The Bills are not playoff material. There is nothing about them that impresses me. Dick Jauron is a nice guy, but i think the cat is out of the bag.
More to come. RESPOND TO THE ARTICLES YOU SEE ON THIS PAGE. I’M ASKING YOU UNTIL YOU RESPOND.by